PRIOR TO USING YOUR SAMMI PILLOW, PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN FOR EVALUATION OF OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA OR OTHER RESPIRATORY DISORDERS, IF YOUR SNORING IS ACCOMPANIED BY ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:
FREQUENT EXCESSIVE DAYTIME SLEEPINESS
PERIODS OF NOT BREATHING (ALSO KNOWN AS APNEA) AS OBSERVED BY OTHERS
AWAKING WITH SHORT OF BREATH, CHOKING OR GAGGING
DO NOT USE IF PAIN OR DISCOMFORT RESULTS
DO NOT CONTINUE USE IF INEFFECTIVE
A HISTORY OF HEART DISEASE
BEING SUBSTANTIALLY OVERWEIGHT
NOT FOR USE BY INFANTS OR CHILDREN UNDER 3 YEARS OF AGE
A. INTRODUCTION. Your Sammi Pillow is made of all plant materials. It has two premium fillings: one is hulls from 100% organic buckwheat. The other is fiberfill from all-natural corn. Both plants are annually renewable and grown in the U.S.A.
B. YOUR SAMMI PILLOW IS A SYSTEM, unlike standard sleeping pillows. It is uniquely constructed with a structure of walls and compartments to create traction and cradle your neck. This feature promotes the natural curvature of your cervical spine, thereby relaxing your neck muscles, including the sternocleidomastoid (in red in Diagram 1) and trapezius (in black in Diagram 1), to reduce or eliminate neck pain.
The components of your Sammi Pillow are as follows:
100% linen luxurious quilted two-tone pillowcase, with a zippered opening and optional aromatherapy pockets
100% unbleached cotton primary pillow with walls and five compartments accessible via a zippered opening
100% unbleached cotton secondary pillow with six compartments accessible via a zippered opening
100% unbleached cotton built-in neck liner with walls and three compartments accessible via dedicated zippered openings
100% organic premium hulls from buckwheat grown in the USA
100% corn fiberfill produced in the USA
Extra buckwheat hulls to increase the pillow height, if desired
C. HOW TO SLEEP ON YOUR SAMMI PILLOW. Your Sammi Pillow is fully assembled, pre-filled, and ready to use.
1. Remove and Replace. Remove your old pillow or pillows from your bed and replace it with your Sammi Pillow.
2. Orienting your Sammi Pillow. As a landmark, observe that the satin ribbon with SAMMI and the red embroidery (see Diagram 2) on the pillowcase must face up and to the upper left against the headboard or wall. This is the top of the pillow. The zipper side of the pillowcase must face down on the mattress.
3. Neck Liner. The neck liner (see Diagram 2) is located along the length of your Sammi Pillow where your neck will make contact while sleeping. Whether sleeping on your back or either side, make sure that your neck rests on the neck liner. This will provide the proper neck support that differs from support of your head.
4. Back Sleeping. To sleep on your back (see Diagram 3), first place your hands on the top center of your Sammi Pillow and with your fingers push the buckwheat hulls to the sides to create a hollow for your head. Then, rest the back of your neck in the center of the neck liner with your head in the hollow (see Diagram 4).
5. Side Sleeping. For side sleeping (see Diagrams 3 and 5), use either the left or right side of your Sammi Pillow and rest the side of your neck on the left or right side of the neck liner. By pushing the fill from the center to the sides, you will create loft on both sides of your Sammi Pillow.
6. Not for Stomach Sleeping. The Sammi Pillow is not recommended for sleeping on your stomach.
D. INITIAL PERIOD TO USE YOUR SAMMI PILLOW. If you are used to sleeping on a pillow that is flat, high, extra firm, without support, or even with several pillows at a time with various heights and firmness, initially your neck, head and shoulders might not respond well to your Sammi Pillow. You might even feel that your Sammi Pillow is too firm or the buckwheat hulls feel too pebbly to your liking. This experience is normal and, like any other pillow that is different than what you are used to, requires time for you to make the adjustment. Please be patient. Give yourself two to three weeks to become acclimated to your Sammi Pillow.
E. ADJUSTING YOUR SAMMI PILLOW. The anatomy of every person’s neck, head and shoulders is different. Therefore, your Sammi Pillow has been designed to allow for its height, firmness, and support to be adjustable and tailored to suit your anatomy and personal comfort level. You might need to experiment over time to determine which is the most comfortable and supportive for your needs.
1. Pillow Height. As a general guideline, for sleeping on your back, the middle of the neck liner should be one fist (~3”) high and, for sleeping on your side, the sides of the neck liner should be 1½ fists (~4½”) high. The back edge of your Sammi Pillow should be one fist (~3”) high. Therefore, the front and back sides of your Sammi Pillow must be higher to support your neck for side sleeping than its center front and back for back sleeping.
2. Adjusting the Height Using the Primary Pillow. If your Sammi Pillow feels uncomfortably too high or too low, adjust its height as follows:
A. Unzipper the back of the quilted pillowcase and carefully remove the secondary and primary pillows.
B. The primary pillow is constructed with one zippered opening and the built-in neck liner is constructed with three additional zippered openings.
C. On the primary pillow, open the zipper and unfold the flap to gain access inside (see Diagram 6). Using a small cup or scoop, fill or remove the buckwheat hulls from the opening to the desired height. When adding more hulls, insert your hand inside the opening to spread the hulls through the compartments to reach the desired height. Then, fold the flap, tuck inside and re-zipper.
D. On the neck liner, follow the same procedure for each of the three zippered openings to access each interior compartment.
E. Be careful to zip and un-zip the zippers to avoid catching the fabric.
3. Adjusting the Comfort Using the Secondary Pillow. If your Sammi Pillow feels too firm or the buckwheat hulls feel too pebbly to your liking, make the adjustment as follows:
A. The secondary pillow is constructed with one zipper to access three openings.
B. For a softer feel, simply position the secondary pillow on top of the primary pillow, inside the pillowcase. This will provide you with the same height but provide softer support and reduce or eliminate the pebbly feeling of the hulls underneath.
C. The secondary pillow does not need additional corn fiberfill as only a thin layer is needed. However, you may want to unzipper the secondary pillow to better spread the corn fiberfill around each of the six internal compartments that hold the fill.
4. Additional Fill for Purchase. Additional buckwheat hulls and corn fiberfill are available for purchase from Sammi Sleeping Systems LLC at a reasonable price. Contact us at for information.
F. YOUR SAMMI PILLOW IS EASY TO MAINTAIN. Here are some tips:
1. Protecting. It is recommended that you cover your Sammi Pillow with your own pillowcase and/or pillow protector to keep it clean.
2. Cleaning. The buckwheat hulls have been pre-cleaned and need no washing. The quilted pillowcase can be removed and hand-washed in luke-warm water or machine washed with luke-warm water using a gentle cycle. Wash with like colors. Do not bleach. Tumble low heat until thoroughly dry. Iron on lowest setting as needed.
3. Refreshing. The primary and secondary pillows may be refreshed, without removing the filling, by using a dryer set at tumble medium heat for 15 minutes. Do not wash the primary pillow containing buckwheat hulls or the secondary pillow containing the corn fiberfill.
G. USE AND CARE OF YOUR SAMMI PILLOW. Your Sammi Pillow has been manufactured with the highest quality materials and designed with state-of-the-art technology. Therefore, to achieve high performance for the life of your Sammi Pillow and for its proper care, please adhere to the following use and care instructions:
The materials used may have their own specific odor, which will diminish in a short period of time. Leave your Sammi Pillow out of its packaging in a dry, ventilated place for several hours before using it for the first time;
Do not use solvents or chemical substances on the fabric;
Do not use irons, blow dryers or other high heat sources on the fabric;
Do not use steamers or steam sterilizers to sanitize your Sammi Pillow as such treatment could adversely affect the texture and life of the pillow;
Do not wet, wash with water or iron the quilted pillowcase, primary pillow, neck liner, or secondary pillow, except as instructed above;
Do not remove any stitching on the quilted pillowcase, primary pillow, neck liner, or secondary pillow;
Store horizontally in a dry place between 50°F and 104°F, with no weight on top;
Do not expose your Sammi Pillow to direct sunlight or external agents such as ultraviolet rays, fire, water or steam;
Use a pillowcase and/or protector to keep your Sammi Pillow clean;
It is advisable to use your Sammi Pillow between 60.8°F and 77°F, with a relative humidity of approximately 50%;
Do not use candles on or around your bed;
Do not allow your Sammi Pillow to get wet during use. Protect it from water and other liquids;
Do not remove the law tag label inside your Sammi Pillow;
Avoid contact with sharp objects or edges that could tear or cut your Sammi Pillow.
limited PRODUCT warranty
The Sammi Pillow is covered by a 2-year limited product warranty against defects in materials or workmanship starting from the date of purchase. This limited product warranty applies when your Sammi Pillow (the “Product”) is used as intended following all Sammi use and care instructions.
All claims under this limited product warranty must be accompanied by the original receipt of purchase indicating date of purchase, name of the retailer, and the purchase price paid. Removal of the law tag from the product will void this limited product warranty.
This limited product warranty is valid only for the original purchaser of the Product. An original purchaser is one who purchases the Product directly from Sammi or an authorized retailer of Sammi. If purchaser is not the original purchaser of this Product, he/she takes the Product “as is” and “with all faults”.
The warrantor is Sammi Sleeping Systems LLC (“Sammi”), whose address is 5 Science Park, New Haven, CT 06511, Attention: Customer Claims and email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Sammi shall be the only direct contact for processing a warranty claim. Sammi’s sole obligation under this limited PRODUCT warranty shall be to replace the product and/or its component(s).
the purchaser must take photographs of the Product for which a claim is being made, together with the law tag label, and send them or email them to the above mailing or email address, along with the receipt of purchase and a detailed message explaining the nature of the claim.
Sammi as the warrantor shall, in its sole discretion, determine whether to replace the Product and/or its component(s). The Product and/or its component(s) may be replaced with a currently available model, which may differ from the original. Replacement of the Product or any of its components does not extend the duration of the original warranty. Sammi reserves the right to require the purchaser at its own expense to mail the product and/or its component(s) to Sammi for inspection.
This limited product warranty provided does not cover:
- Use other than to support the neck, head and shoulders of people (not children under 3 years of age), for animals or any activity other than sleeping.
- Damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, abuse, normal wear and tear, and the natural breakdown of colors and materials that occur by extended use.
- Personal dissatisfaction with the features and characteristics noticeable at the time of purchase (e.g. the pillow is too soft/hard, too difficult to adjust the level or firmness, etc.);
- Deterioration caused by external agents such as fire, water, steam, excessive heat or sunlight or similar exposure;
- Use of the Product as a remedy for any specific medical condition or any complications resulting from the use or inability to use the Product.
The terms and conditions set forth in this limited product warranty shall be the consumers sole and exclusive remedy should the product fail during the limited warranty period.
THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREINABOVE ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL SUCH OTHER WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED BY SAMMI. IN NO EVENT SHALL SAMMI’S LIABILITY OF ANY KIND INCLUDE ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SAMMI SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This limited product warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights, and the purchaser may also have other rights, which may vary from state to state.
If you have questions regarding the Product or any of the information provided herein, you may contact customer service department. Please find instructions on our website at www.Sammipillows.com.
Please retain this limited product warranty and your original invoice for two (2) years.